Sunday, May 21, 2017

Another Movie Night

So tonight I watched another two movies...Mazes and MonstersHot Pursuit. It looks like I am back on the movie watching bandwagon, and just in time no less. I recently was gifted Amazon Prime from my family as an early birthday present and I have been fully enjoying the benefits of its streaming services.

Mazes and Monsters (4 stars out of 5), while not a perfect movie is very well done and very sad. It could have been done a bit better, mostly just a lighting issue. The plot is solid and strong and we witness the mental degeneration of Robbie, played by Tom Hanks, slink into a world of fantasy made real due to his inability to cope with the loss of his brother.

Hot Pursuit (4.5 stars out of 5) was phenomenal...and again while not a perfect movie, it comes damn close. I love Reese Witherspoon as an actress and seeing her paired up with Sofía Vergara was terrific...they are dynamic together and it is a pairing I would love to see more of. This movie might be thought of as a "Chick Flick", but I beg to differ...it is a cop comedy. I really enjoyed it as it was gritty and humorous and realistic. The depravity of humanity, the depths to how low a cop can sink to, is portrayed really well...and shows that no matter how high up on the hierarchy of law is, no one is immune to being corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment